21 September 2017

OVERSIZED AVIATOR


I am so unbelievably excited about the fact that we are nearing coat season or I guess we have reached coat season...in my books at least. I have always been someone who believes in investing in winter pieces such as boots, knitwear and in this case a coat. This year the high street stores are flooded with on trend coats and honestly its been hard to resist buying all of them. I know I'm bias because I work there but Topshop have some BEAUT coats in at the moment. 

The Aviator coat has got to be something I have had my eye on for years. I have always wanted to own an Acne aviator coat...they are literally heaven in a coat and if I was rich i'd have about 10. The high street have quite literally gone ham on the Aviator coat trend and you can buy them EVERYWHERE. Pretty much every retailer has brought out a black aviator coat. So don't worry about not getting your hands on one this year. If you can't find it in one shop, it will be in another. 


This ABSOLUTE HEAVEN OF A COAT is a purchase I made at the end of summer...probably mid august. I saw it on the Zara website and just knew I had to have it. Typically it was already out of stock when I went to buy it so I had it saved onto my book marks and checked back every day until I managed to get my hands on it and boy am I chuffed that its now in my life. Theres 2 downsides to this coat...firstly the faux fur malts on pretty much everything...so thats a pain and secondly this coat is £90 which I know it A LOT of money. But like I said before I like to invest in these kind of pieces and I'm so in love with it thats its just so worth it. 

Since I am SO in love with this coat, I thought I would show you a way to wear during this slightly warmer weather that we're having which hasn't quite hit cold enough for a coat, layers, hat, scarf and gloves. 




A big trend for this Autumn Winter is floral dresses layered with winter pieces. I LOVE a good old floral dress especially as usually you can get wear out of them all year round. This beauty of a dress is a little number that I picked up from Topshop. I love a slip dress as they're super sexy but can easily be given a casual vibe. As its slightly warmer, I have layered the dress with this simple white t shirt but as it gets colder, a long sleeve top or lightweight knit would bring you into the cooler months. 





I have added a belt to showcase my waist and bring the outfit together a little. Usually I wouldn't wear a belt but I just felt like it brought the outfit to life and shows off my tiny little body. Theres nothing worse than looking like your drawing in fabric...am I right? 

For this look I am wearing tights...mainly because my legs are hairy...maybe a little bit too much information but hey ho....but also because for me it is a little too cold for bare legs. Especially when you start work super early and have to expose your body to the cool morning air...nothing worse than being cold on the way to work.




Another trend that is hitting the high street this autumn winter is faux fur and I am definitely keen to jump on the bandwagon. It also means I can get more wear out of this adorable black fluffy bag which I got last year. Im all about adding a bit of texture and interest to a outfit. 





The final touch to todays look is a pair of black boots. Now we all know that boots are something that  are ALWAYS on trend at this time of year and again a piece to invest in. These are a pair from Topshop and I am loving the sass they give. There are so many different types of boots out there which I am dying to get my hands on. These give more of a glam dressy look but a pair of flat chelsea boots or even a pair of converse would work equally as well. 



Who doesn't love an oversized coat and girly dress? I certainly do. There will be a lot more winter girliness coming to my blog over the coming months and I'm SO EXCITED to share my winter outfits. like so excited. you are not ready!


Shop the look


3 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! This jacket is so beautiful! I really enjoy this new trend of floral in autumn.
    Love
    Pili
    To Read with Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you put the outfit together, everything fits perfectly, can see you really thought about what works with what and it all really looks amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely outfit ! Love how you have paired a really delicate looking dress with a more defined edge coat.

    www.adellbaker.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS